Three Ingredient Peach Jam
This simple and delicious recipe only has three ingredients and it is fast and easy to make. It pairs beautifully with fresh homemade bread or warm biscuits.
- Candy Thermometer
- 2 Cups Fresh peaches (peeled and chopped)
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 tsp Lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
- Peel and chop your peaches. I strongly recommend blanching your peaches before you peel them. You will find it is much easier! If you prefer smooth jam, chop your peaches finely. If you prefer chunky jam, chop it more coarsely.
- Add the chopped peaches, sugar, and lemon juice to a saucepan. Clip your candy thermometer to the edge of your saucepan and make sure the tip is suspended in your peach mixture (not touching the bottom of the pan or in the air).
- Heat the mixture over medium to medium-high heat until the sugar is dissolved and the temperature of your jam has reached 220°. This temperature is a general rule but it can change depending on your elevation.
- If you are using glass jars, heat them in hot water before you pour your hot jam into the jars. This will prevent the jars from cracking or shattering when you add the hot jam. If you are using plastic containers, wait until your jam has cooled before pouring it into your container.
- You can either process your jam or keep it in the fridge for around a month. You can also keep the jam in the freezer until you are ready to use it.